Carolien Wissing (Aalten, 1976) schildert omgevingen waarin de mens zijn sporen heeft achter gelaten.
Door het schilderen van ingekaderde, herkenbare onderwerpen, enerzijds en het grote, ons overstijgende anderzijds, ontstaat er een krachtenspel tussen mens en natuur, stilstand en beweging, controle en chaos.
Carolien Wissing (Aalten, 1976) paints environments in which people have left their mark. By painting framed, recognizable subjects, on the one hand, and the great, transcending us, on the other, an interplay of forces between man and nature, stagnation and movement, control and chaos is created.
• Art Fair - Art The Haque with Popinnart, Den Haag
• Summer exhibition 'Europa' - Museum de Fundatie, Zwolle
• Group exhibition 'Great Artist steal' with Popinnart @ Loods 6, Amsterdam
• Solo exhibition 'TOS project' @ Podium Mozaiek, Amsterdam
• Solo exhibition + artist talk about TOS at the University Utrecht during Symposium ‘In- and exclusion’
• TOS book for sale @ museum shop Tropenmuseum Amsterdam
• Several group exhibitions @ Popinnart, Amsterdam
• Group exhibition - Benetton collection ‘Join the dots’, Trieste (IT)
• Traveling & working in Asia & New York - painting series ‘Entropy’ New York
• Group exhibition @ Air gallery - Brooklyn, New York
• One of my Entropies is chosen for the ‘Best of 2017 collection’ by Saatchi
• Making of the TOS book - funded by socially driven organization EMMA
• TOS project - ‘ Things of Significance’ - paintings and stories about refugees and how we perceive them
• Group exhibition - Art Venture @ Over het IJ Festival – self-organized exhibition were existing artworks are provided with an extra multimedia layer. In collaboration with theatre maker Daan Colijn.
• Group exhibition - Art Venture @ Art Rotterdam
• Painting series ‘Illuminated’
• Writing & designing book ‘Djaya Raya’
• Giving talks about the ‘Djaya Raya’ experience: working, living and sailing Indonesia
• Painting series ‘Modern Cathedrals’
• Duo exhibition ‘Art Raw’ – self-organized exhibition in large factory hall ‘de Kromhouthal’ in Amsterdam & presentation of new series ‘Modern Cathedrals’
• One of the MC paintings is purchased by Amsterdam museum.
• Group exhibition @ Amsterdam museum - Modern Cathedral ‘Noord- Zuidlijn’ is hanging next to ‘the Neighbor’ - painting by Marlene Dumas
• Solo exhibition - Modern Cathedrals @ Rijkswaterstaat Rotterdam
• Painting series ‘Periphery’
2008 - 2010
• Building and sailing own sailing boat ‘Djaya Raya’ in Indonesia with partner
• Painting series ‘Steel ’n Structures’
• First self initiated & realized big outdoor project about ‘Steel ’n Structures’ about how to perceive Amsterdam - granted by AFK (Amsterdam Fund for the Arts)
• Solo exhibition @ Cityhall Amsterdam
• Solo exhibition @ the Key housing association
• Group exhibition: Steel ‘n structures paintings @ The Affordable Art Fair - Amsterdam
• Studio Assistant Rob Scholte
2000 – 2005
• Multiple travel & working experiences in South America, Africa, Iceland, France & Spain – meanwhile practicing painting skills
1995 – 2000
• Artez Academy of Fine Arts – BFA Architectural Design